4.7.05

Poema de Cory McAbee

APARTMENT #5

I'll finish all my lunch
And I'll eat all my fries
And I'll prove to you
That my stomach's as big as my eyes

I'll spring for the check
And walk you to my home
That's where I spend
All my days - all alone

I'll show you my chair
And show you my bed
And I'll show you movies that I've taped
And all the books I've read

I'll show you pictures of me
When I had lot's of hair
And I'll tell all the things I think of
When I sit and stare

I'll tell you some of my plans
And some of my schemes
And I'll tell you all about some of my
Dreamy little dreams

I'll tell you that my apartment
Is the center of the universe
It get's hot there - it's hot there now
But it's been known to get a lot worse

I'll show you paintings that I've painted
And tell you all about my lamp
I'll show you water damage in the corner
Where it get's damp

I'll put my chair in front of your chair
And my feet againts your feet
And later on maybe we'll want to
Go and get a bite to eat

And I'll finish all my diner
And I'll eat all my fries
And I'll prove to you
That my stomach's as big as my eyes

Then after I have shown you
All there is to see
I will ask you
Will you marry me?

[in Return to Brigadoon]